As in previous years, the Ministry of Education will be conducting its annual stakeholder satisfaction telephone surveys to collect public, employer and other stakeholder perceptions of Alberta’s education system.
The surveys gather responses from a random sample of parents, the general public, business and industry (employers of recent high school graduates), high school students, teachers, principals, superintendents and school board trustees in the province. The total number of completed surveys will be over 7,000, ensuring that survey results for each of the 11 respondent groups are statistically representative. The survey responses are completely confidential, and only aggregate data will be reported.
The purpose of the surveys is to determine stakeholders’ satisfaction with:
• the overall quality of the education system;
• the education system meeting the needs of students and supporting our society and the economy;
• schools providing a safe and caring environment for students;
• preparation of students for lifelong learning, employment and active citizenship;
• the education system having effective working relationships with partners and stakeholders;
• leadership and continuous improvement of the education system;
• knowledge, skills and abilities of recent high school graduates; and
• facilities and equipment in the education system.
Your participation is important as it provides valuable information to help the ministry identify areas of strength and areas needing improvement, thus helping provide a more effective and accountable education system. Some survey results are also used in specific business plan performance measures and will be reported in the ministry’s 2014-15 annual report.
CCI Research Inc. has been contracted to administer the telephone interviews beginning on January 8, 2015 and finishing at the end of February 2015. A summary of the information resulting from the survey will be posted on Education’s website. Last year’s survey instruments and survey results are available at www.education.alberta.ca/admin/resources/satisfaction.aspx.