Saint Francis High School News!
Although high school may seem many months away, the process of choosing the right high school and selecting courses begins shortly. Grade 9 students will soon be receiving a booklet containing important information regarding Saint Francis High School. The booklet will outline a number of information sessions that will be offered throughout the school year. The first of these events is scheduled for October 27th at 7:00 pm at Saint Francis High School. On this evening, Grade 9 students and their parents will have an opportunity to discover the various aspects of our school. Visitors will be able to meet with students and teachers representing our numerous option courses, clubs and sport teams. Please mark these dates in your calendar today! We look forward to meeting you at these events.
- Monday, October 27th, 7:00 p.m. – Discover Saint Francis High School @ Saint Francis H.S.
- Wednesday, December 3rd, @ Saint Francis H.S. Special Programs Night
(Please note different starting times)
- 6:15-7:30 – Extended French Information Session (for students currently in French Immersion)
- 6:15-7:30 – International Spanish Academy Information Session (for students currently in Spanish Bilingual)
- 7:30-8:30 – Advanced Placement Program Information Session
- Thursday, January 22, 7:00 p.m.– The World Of High School @ St. Luke Church(1566 Northmount Drive)
- Thursday, February 5th, 7:00 p.m. Open House @ Saint Francis H.S.
- Monday, June 8th, (Time T.B.A.) – Meet the “Teacher Advisor Evening”
The St. Brigid Cross Country Team competed on Monday, September 22 at Pop Davies Park in Ogden. 122 students from Grades 7-9 as well as the ESII class represented the school in fine fashion. Our students were great ambassadors for St. Brigid and displayed great speed, enthusiasm and sportsmanship. Our top 10 finishers will compete in the City Cross Country City Finals on Thursday, October 2 at Confederation Park. For the third year running, and in addition to 2 previous years, St. Brigid School is bringing home the Spirit Award for Cross-Country! We are so proud of our team and all our runners who did their very best!
Parent and Family Workshops for Kindergarten and Grade 1
Workshop Location: Our Lady of the Assumption School 7311 34th Avenue N.W.
Brought to you by the District’s Family/School Support Team
- Proactive Parenting Toolbox (Wednesday, October 15, 2014 6:00-7:30 pm).
- Mood Regulation: Anxiety, Anger and Sleep Issues (Wednesday, October 22, 2014 6:00-7:30 pm).
- Family Routine, Effective Consequences and Behavior Management (Wednesday, October 29, 2014 6:00-7:30 pm).
- Social Skills and Play Dates (Wednesday, November 5, 2014 6:00-7:30 pm).
Free childcare provided on site: Registration required.
To register, please email Brittany Doherty at Brittany.firstname.lastname@example.org.Parent & Family Workshops Kindergarten and Grade 1
Parents can register for individual or multiple workshops
Family Portrait Night will be held at St. Brigid School on Thursday, October 2, 2014. $30 Sitting Fee includes Free 8 X 10 Portrait. $20 goes back to St. Brigid School to support all programs.
To book your portrait sitting appointment visit
www.lifetouch.ca/abfamilyphotos or call 403-255-5440.
Appointment booking site will be available approximately 21 days prior to photo date.