Remember that Friday, January 23rd is Pizza Friday for those who have ordered. Mrs. Stafford’s grade 1 class and Ms. Noordhof’s grade 1/2 class are at Fort Calgary on a field trip, so they should not have ordered for this day. If this is not the case, please contact the office for assistance. Please ensure that you have packed a healthy lunch and snack for those grade one’s and two’s who will be on the field trip.
Registration for September, 2015 is ongoing. To qualify to register at St. Hubert, you must live on the east side of Huntington Hills. For kindergarten registration, your child must be 5 years old by March 1, 2016. At this time it is unclear as to weather or not there will be a full day kindergarten program. At the time of registration, you must have your child’s birth certificate, either a parent or child’s Catholic baptismal certificate and a current utilities bill.
Happy New Year and welcome back to school!
Please check under our ‘Newsletter’ tab for the January edition of the St. Hubert Newsletter.
The staff and students at St. Hubert School would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Please remember that dismissal on Friday is at 11:30 a.m. for the Christmas break. Classes resume on January 5th, 2015.
Please join us today for our Christmas Concert at 1:15. We will be holding our dress rehearsal at 1:15 p.m. This gives our students a chance to go through their roles and to watch each other perform. It is also an opportunity for family members who can’t make the evening performance on Wednesday to join us and watch the excitement!
The music room is filling up with the sounds of the season as the students prepare for the upcoming Advent Concert. This year’s theme is “Star of Wonder”. This year’s concert will be held at St. Hubert School on the evening of Wednesday, December 17th at 6:30 p.m. We would like to remind you of a couple of key points:
- We know that it is a busy time of year, but please make every effort to have your child attend. The students have been practicing as a class and it makes it special to have everyone there for the performance. We will have space available for parents to take photos during their child’s performance.
- We are excited to be trying a new initiative this year by holding the concert at the school. Students will be sitting in their classroom during the concert as we do not have space to accommodate everyone in the gym. They will have the opportunity to watch their peers’ performance during the dress rehearsal the day before. Parents can pick their child up after the concert is over.
- We will be opening the doors to the school at 6:00 p.m. Please be on time as we will be starting the concert at 6:30 p.m. Students are asked to wear their “Sunday best”.
- The concert is only about 40 minutes long. Please stay for the duration of the event even after your child has performed. It is very disruptive to everyone when people start leaving midway through.
- Please be respectful and courteous to our neighbors in the area when parking your vehicles.
A big thank you goes out to Mr. Drewek our music teacher, the students and staff for working together to make this a wonderful experience for everyone. We hope to see you there! Thank you for your ongoing support.
Be sure to submit your Pizza Friday orders before Wednesday, December 10th. Due to the fact that pizza must be pre-ordered, we can not accept orders on the day pizza is provided. If you have any questions about our new program, please don’t hesitate to contact the school office.
Just a reminder that all school fundraiser items will be available for pick-up on December 3rd between 3 -5 p.m. If you are not available please send someone in you place as we don’t have freezer space to store anything not claimed.
Check under our ‘Newsletter’ tab for the December version of the St. Hubert Newsletter.
Tomorrow, November 26, will be the last day to order milk for December. Please watch for the January form to come home later in December.